Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Day 4 of 10

It might come as a surprise to most people, but I'm not a huge fan of Mid-century style furniture...(GASP!...)  It's alright, just close your dropped jaw, and let me explain.  I agree that this style can has some beautiful lines, but so many time I think people go overboard, and then it just feels like a room from the 1950s.  I really love the mix of Mid-century design with other styles, because then it really POPS!







I really do love the mix in this conversation area.  The first thing I see is this beautiful reclaimed-wood wall.  That is gorgeous!  I love all the different wood tones, and the perfect imperfections that it brings.  The color accents add a bit more personality, and make me think of an old barn, or maybe it came from the siding of an old shop- it sparks my curiosity.  A pair of white Eames molded plastic chairs frame the light-filled window.  The coffee table fits right in with these chairs- it's light and airy.    The marled fabric upholstered on the sofa contrasts with the sleek white furniture.  And I always think a grey sofa fits well into almost any space (just like my own).  Lastly, we get just a touch of an industrial feel with the exposed ceiling and electrical, as well as the clear hanging pendant.

I hope you'll forgive me for my earlier statement, but appreciate the context in which I do truly appreciate the Mid-century modern style.


* Remember, together we're trying to reach 10 "likes" in 10 days.  Here's the link to the FB page


--------------------
SOURCES

Photo - Apartment Therapy , by Julia Robbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your THOUGHTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...