Sunday, December 28, 2014

2014: my TOP 5

With 2015 just around the corner, I thought it would be fun to take a moment and recap my top 5 most popular posts of 2014.  (This was a great idea I saw on Apartment Therapy)

Here we go...  (feel free to enjoy with a glass of champagne!)


#5 - just one, PLEASE

I created this post shortly after I re-did my blog format.  This room was inspired by a room in a House Beautiful magazine.  I love how fresh and crisp the monochromatic palette is.  Click on the link to read the full post~





#4 - A Sneak Peak

This post now holds a special place in my heart.  This was my apartment in Chicago, the first home I lived in with my husband.  The zigzag drapery fabric I found was the inspiration for the living space (I made these drapery panels by hand with my friend!)





#4 (again) - Mustard for EVERYONE

This post tied for the #4 spot in this countdown.  In this post I shared how to create interest and variety in a pillow collection just featuring one color- mustard.  The key is pattern, scale and shapes.







#3 - one print does ALL OF THIS

I still LOVE this collection.  This was my first collection that I created.  The idea is to show you how to create a modern and eclectic design.  From traditional tufting to mid-century modern lighting, and from geometric prints to deco glamour.






#2 - washi my WALL

This was my last DIY before moving from Chicago to Portland.  I wanted to share my first project using Washi tape (Don't worry, more DIYs to come for my Portland townhouse!).  I was really happy how my feature wall turned out.  It's just a shame I only got to enjoy it for about 2 weeks...





#1 - Time to Change

The title of this post feels so appropriate at this time of year when we are making our New Year's Resolutions, don't you think?  I took a blogging e-course this summer from Blogging Your Way.  This post is full of before and after images of my blog design and my Pinterest boards.





I am still energized about the new direction and perspective for my blog.  I hope you'll stay tuned, and refer your friends here, in 2015 for more ideas on how to 'missmatch' your interiors!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

share your THOUGHTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...