Sunday, September 7, 2014

when you don't have A HEADBOARD

Every room needs a focal point.  In a bedroom it is usually the wall that your bed is against.  And that focal point is usually enhanced by a beautiful headboard.  But what if you don't have one, like myself?








I currently have a simple platform bed, the MALM low bedframe from IKEA.  Plus, I have two mattresses, so you really don't see the low headboard.   I decided to use a large piece of artwork hanging above to be the focal point over my bed.  I enlarged a photo of our wedding rings, and flanked it with two smaller picture frames.  However, a year later I want something more!

Have you heard of Washi tape?  I first discovered it when I was researching DIYs for my wedding.  I saw cute candle holders and drink stirrers made with this decorative tape in a Martha Stewart Wedding magazine.  Now, it seems to have jumped from stationary to wall decals.  You may have seen these DIY projects when you're searching through Pinterest.  I've been inspired to try it myself- plus it's a low budget project.


Here are some photos that have inspired me:













Above you can see that Washi tape can be used in a small scale or large scale pattern.  You probably noticed a theme of the plus sign.  I think I will be using this motif as well because it will coordinate with my bedding.  However, I don't think I want it to be stark black like these inspiration images.  

Time to go shopping for some Washi tape!




--------------------
SOURCES:

Bedframe: IKEA
Playroom: Everything Emily
Bedroom: Remodelista
Chair: Door Sixteen

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your THOUGHTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...