Sunday, June 15, 2014

inspiration at NeoCon



Last week I attended NeoCon at the Merchandise Mart in Chicago.  It is the North America's largest design exposition and conference for commercial interiors.  As a member of ASID, I attended four seminars throughout the day.   I learned about multifamily housing, the science of color in the workplace, how to photograph architecture at the workplace, and retail branding.  


         



Between seminars,I had time to walk up down, and ride the elevator up and down, and see the latest and greatest innovations.  As I was heading to the elevator for lunch, I passed the display by 3form.  I remember using products from 3form when I was in design school.  They make resin panels that can be used for a variety of installations: wall panels, dividers, sculpture, lighting and shelving.  There product is unique in many ways, but I love how they integrate recycled and natural products  into the resin.  Now they have a new line of Pressed Glass products, which you see here.  It is a laminated architectural glass.

        
 

This juicy orange glass panel inspired me to design a kitchen this week.  I would love to see this kite design as a featured back splash- it is so whimsical.  I don't want any elements to distract from the backsplash, so I would pair it with traditional and clean-lined Shaker cabinet fronts in crisp white.  Another favorite product I learned about in design school are quartz countertops by Caesarstone.  It is a composite quartz that is pretty much indestructible, and it's so modern and beautiful!  This tone is a nice neutral to top off all the white cabinetry.  Now, I need something to ground the space, and I just love these country, and traditional styled oiled bronze knobs and faucet.  They are so classic, and will complement our existing finishes perfectly.  I was going back and forth on my pendent selection, but I decided on this woven drum pendant.  I like the chrome finish, and the style is very transitional.  Accessories in a kitchen should be functional or edible, so I finished the design with an  Analon bronze pot (I actually own this collection) and an industrial wire bowl with oranges, of course! Using different shades of a color also adds interest to this basic color palette: different shades of orange of bronze.



So, who would like a glass of fresh-squeezed juice from my 'missmatch'  Glass Panel Collection?







2 comments:

  1. The panels are intriguing. Great variety and textures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? I love the different materials they incorporate, like the wire in the rainbow rectangle design- it just sets it off as something unique.

      Delete

share your THOUGHTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...